[fluka-discuss]: Dysprosium causing problems

From: Benji Leenders <Benji.Leenders_at_UGent.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 14:24:56 +0000

Dear FLUKA users,

I am running into a strange problem while determining particle production per proton on dysprosium.

When using terbium as a target material the program runs without any problems and the same goes for gadolinium-oxides. However when using dysprosium the simulation stops with an error without ever producing results.

The error is as follows:

 Coalescence activated and beam above BME limit, products badly
 treated with IONSPLIT
 link rQMD !

While this error does not show up for the other two cases.

If I change the name to terbium but give the material the mass and Z number of dysprosium the simulation runs but I am not sure that this method is proper and will give me reliable results.

Attached is my input file.

Kind regards,

Benji Leenders