Re: Re: Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: negative deposit energy from EVENTBIN using Fluka2011.2x.8

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 09:31:27 +0100

Dear Mingyang

It is not a bug, and it is not new..but documentation for eventdat has to
be improved.

The input requests RADDECAY semi-analogue. Means that every time a
residual redioactive nucleus is produced in the PROMPT part of the
simulation, its decay is also simulated, decay products are generated and
transported.

EVENTDAT (and the output of SCORE in the .out files) records all the
energy deposits, both prompt and decay. The same for the DETECT card.

EVENTBIN , as well as all other scoring cards, scores only the PROPMT
energy depositions unless a DCYSCORE card is associated to it. (see manual
for the RADDECAY card:
    " possibly scoring together prompt
        and decay particles, if requested by DCYSCORE with WHAT(1)
      = -1.0 ")
In your run, part of the energy depositions comes from radioactive decays,
they enter in eventdat, they do not enter in eventbin.

Regards
Paola

Paola Sala
INFN Milano