transmutation

From: István Rovni <rovniistvan@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 09:36:32 CEST

--0-409891198-1216193792=:54494

Dear FLUKA Developers,

my topic of diploma is transmutation with spallation neutron source. I woul=
d like to use FLUKA to simulate this problem, but I do not know, if it is s=
uitable. I ask that:

1) can FLUKA simulate proton beam, spallation target and transuranium mate=
rial?
 2) does FLUKA follows the decay and transmutation chain during the burnout=
?
3) How does FLUKA calculate the fisson rate of transuran elements? Does FLU=
KA recalculate the material substances in the target? Because the reaction =
rates are modified during the material transformations, and of course the c=
ross sections is differ from each other in different materials. So the prim=
arily material substitution and reaction rates are changed as the time goes=
 forward. And it is necessary to use this recalculated material/cross secti=
ons for the next burnout step. And do this to the end of burnout time.
 4) How can I get the mass of each material substance (any daugther element=
s) after the burnout?

Thank you for Your help!
Yours Sincerely!
Istvan Rovni