[fluka-discuss]: Fluka Flair Missing Connections

From: Bartkoski,Dirk Alan <DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 15:49:13 +0000

I have installed Fluka and Flair using the rpms many times but I am now having an issue.

I am installing
Flair 3.0-7
Fluka-2020.0beta-2
On Fedora 31 (guest on a windows 7 host virtual machine)
Using the fluka-2020.0beta-2.x86_64.rpm, flair-3.0-7.noarch.rpm, flair-geoviewer-3.0-7.x86_64.rpm

Fluka seems to install properly to /usr/local/flukagfor. FLUPRO=/usr/local/flukagfor and FLUFOR=gfortran are also properly added as environment variables.
Flair installs properly and opens except that it does not recognize that fluka is installed.
It then says that the FLUKA executable cannot be found and that the fluka directory should be set.
When I check the Preferences, none of the default directories seem to exist, namely {FlukaDir}/bin/.
FlukaDir = /usr/local/flukagor does not contain /bin nor does contain a "fluka" program.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the rpms a few times with no success. Any ideas?

Dirk A. Bartkoski, Ph.D.
Research Scientist | Division of Radiation Oncology
[mdacc-logo2]
T. Boone Pickens Tower (FCT8.5007)
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Unit 1420
Houston, TX 77030
(713)794-5026

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.