[fluka-discuss]: Question about the treatment of the energy spectrum

From: lzf neu <lzfneu_at_live.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 08:34:39 +0000

Dear all,

Attachment are my xx_24_sum_lis and xx_24_tab.lis file based on USRBDX card. And tab.csv is my data processing file.

I use USRBDX card with one way scoring the fluence, linear binning in energy and linear binning solid angle with 2*pi distribution and the area is 1.

I have two questions to consult you, one is for the sum of particle numbers and another is for the average energy of the spectrum.

1) I have no idea, why the sum of particles numbers I calculate from xx_24_tab.lis file (0.0080471726) is different from that of the xx_24_sum.lis file :"(Tot. resp. (Part/pr) 0.1264325 +/- 2.278502 %)", please see xx_24_tab.csv file.

I multiply the first column (Energy) with the third column (fluence) in each line of xx_24_tab.lis file. I got the particle numbers of each corresponding energy. Then sum each single line of the particle numbers together, and the sum of particles is: "(Part/pr) 0.0083208421".

2) The average energy of the spectrum: I sum the energy multiply by particle numbers of each line, then divide by of the sum of the particle numbers. I got the average energy is 0.0056706183 GeV, please see xx_24_tab.csv file.

I don't know why the particle numbers is different between I calculated and xx_24_sum.lis file, and dose the average energy I calculate right ?

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best regards,

lzfneu