Re: Photocathode

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 11:51:59 CEST

FLUKA will not do this automatically.
However, using user routines ad advanced level, to reach your goal.
For instance you can use the USERDUMP command to activate the call
to mgdraw.f routine. There you can intercept optical photons when
arriving to your photocathode. There you can generate a photolectron
with efficiency, energy, etc. decided by you. Notice that you can ask
FLUKA to transport these electrons only if they have an energy of at least
1 keV. In general people limit themselves to count the number of
generated photolectrons and associate this count to a signal level
from the p.m.
Please have a careful study of Chapters 12 and 13 of the manual.

        Giuseppe Battistoni