Cosmic physics Study

From: Sharmalee Randeniya <randeniya@rice.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 21:43:55 CEST

Dear All,

I have a simulation in which a slab of Al is irradiated with a beam of
protons(solar particle events October 1989) of kinetic energy(E)
between 1 MeV/u -1000 MeV/u. Beam's diffrential fluence(F)is given by

dF/dE = C*K*A* E^(A-1) exp(-K*E^(A)) where C, K, A are constants.

I am trying to calculate proton, neutron, Si, Fe energy spectra behind
the slab.

can someone tell me whether I set the physics right for this problem
and the two USRYIELD commands are right to obtain the Si and Fe energy
spectra.

Thank U

Sharmalee Randeniya