[fluka-discuss]: Problems with Neutron transport

From: Alessandro Calamida <alex.calamida2_at_tiscalinet.it>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 15:45:41 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am extimating the brightens of a water moderator. This is placed in a
experimental setup sourronded by a beryllium reflector except for the
beamline window. The neutrons are produced throught spallation on a
tungsten target with a proton beam of 800 MeV.

I run the simulation with and without a cloating of 650 um for the water
moderator. All the face of it are covered with this coating except for
the one in direction of the beamline.

I supposed that the results of the brightness will change but, instead,
they are the same.

Maybe I missing some cards of physics in the input or I making other
mistakes?

I attach both the input files, the one with the coating is
"fngfluka_ISIS_in_ISIS_Bright_Coup.inp", and the plot of the brillance.

Best regards and thank you for your time, Alessandro Calamida.