[fluka-discuss]: How to import ASCII file of the magnetic field magnitudes in fluka

From: Tamer Tolba <tamer.tolba_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 15:24:35 +0200

Dear FLUKAers,

In my model (magnetic horn) I have a region (horn cavity) assigned with
magnetic field. So far I am using the subroutine "magfld.f" to define
the field strength in the cavity and the direction consines at the
coordinate points X, Y, Z.

Now, I have calculated the actual 3D magentic field strength map in the
cavity with COMSOL FEA software. I have exported the 3D matrix of the
magnetic field magnitudes from COMSOL in an ASCII/txt file in the form
(X[cm], Y[cm], Z[cm], B[T]).  How can I import/use this ASCII file in my
FLUKA code to define the magnetic field in the specific region?

With my best regards,

Tamer

--
Dr. Tamer Tolba