Re: modeling a source

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:06:40 +0200

Dear Segal,

please give a look in the User Routine lecture

http://fluka-course.web.cern.ch/FLUKA%2DCourse/nea2008/Lectures_pdf/UserRoutines.pdf

In principle you have to activate the call to the subroutine SOURCE
using a card called SOURCE inside FLUKA. Then the BEAM/BEAMPOS
definitions inside the input will be read but they are not used (apart
from WHAT(1) in BEAM that will be used for the initialization as the
maximum energy in FLUKA). Then is your responsibility to perform the
sampling of the position, direction, energy and particle type and push
it in the stack. Look the comments in the standard example
$FLUPRO/usermvax/source.f

Search also in the archive of the FLUKA discussion there was a thread on
Cf-242 and AmBe source
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0854.html

Best Regards
Vasilis