[fluka-discuss]: How FLUKa follows the particles?

From: Alice Coffani <coffani_at_llr.in2p3.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:02:59 +0200

Dear fluka experts,

I am trying to reconstruct showers produced by muons in water, I'd like
to save the showers if an isotope is created but for this purpose I need
to be sure of how FLUKA follows the various particles in a shower. I am
currently using the variable LTRACK to check which is the first
interaction, I'd like to follow and save all the particles and the
daughters of these particles coming from that first interaction. That is
it possible if all the daughters coming from the interaction with
LTRACK=1 are followed in order, meaning LTRACK=1 then LTRACK=2,3,4 and
maybe againg LTRACK=2,3,4,5 and so on, so if the whole shower is
followed before an other interaction with LTRACK=1 occurs. Am I right
with this supposition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Alice