Re: [fluka-discuss]: Problem about Magnetic Field routine

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 17:04:46 +0200

Hello
as a general advice,in case of doubt about a magnetic field
implementation, I would suggest to run a very simple case with "known"
solution. For instance, monochromatic muons at a fixed angle with respect
to the B-field, and score muon fluence all over your geometry.
For the specific case: if I understand correctly, you have a 10T field
along z, and a target region with a radius of 5cm. The target radius is
smaller than the curvature radius for an average transverse momentum of
about 300 MeV, and particles are trapped both in the target and in the
calo. It is not clear to me that the ratio should cangae a lot. What about
absolute values?
About the MAGFIELD card: the required maximum angle of 0.5 degrees is by
far too small, it will only slow down the calculations. Try with something
around 20 degrees.
Regards
Paola

> Dear fluka expert
>

> I'm trying to simulate the Au ions beam impinging a region called
> Target. I'm interested in scoring the energy deposited both regions:
> TARGET and CALO, by means of eventbin card.
>
> Both regions contain a Magnetic field which is already defined in a
> MagFied.f file. Once I ran the simulation (compile the ldpmqmd library
> and compile MagFied.f file ) I did a plot "CALO vs TARGET" energy
> deposited. The result considering the Magnetic Field are almost the same
> when I ran the simulation without it. On the contrary, I would expect
> that the energy in TARGET increase due to the Pions should be trapped by
> the Magnetic field and rotate around z-axis (due to Lorentz force) and
> the be absorbed in Target.
>
> I would appreciate your help and comments about my Magnetic Field
> routine or about my physics-reasoning.
>

> All the files are attached.
>
> Thank in advance.
>
> regards,
> Jilberto
>

> --
> Dr. Jilberto Zamora Saa
> Dzhelepov Laboratory of Nuclear Problems
> Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
> 141980 Dubna, Moscow region, Russia
> phone: +(496)2162589 (Office)
> phone: +7(915)4671294 (Mobile)