[fluka-discuss]: USRBDX not detecting low energy photons

From: SAMUEL MAFRA DOS SANTOS <samuelmafra_at_discente.ufg.br>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 06:15:36 -0300

Dear Fluka Experts,

I am using USRBDX to obtain the mass attenuation coefficient for some
polymers like PMMA , using photons with energies from 50 keV to 150 keV.
Before using it in the geometry that I am building, I wanted to test the
method in a simpler input. I am using the input provided by user Andrea
Fontana from this discussion
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/11329.html
 (mu_orignial.inp).

It works well for energies above 400 keV, with the resultant mass
attenuation coefficient value being very close to NIST, but below that it
detects 0 particles on the estimator that goes from the sample to the
vacuum around (24 BIN), as it shows in the file mu_original_24_sum.lis,
with any different thickness of material that I try .
By Lambert-Beer Law, and using NIST value of mass attenuation coefficient
for PMMA (pho= 1.19 g/cm³) 1.456E-01 cm²/g, with 2.5000002E-03 part/cm²/pr
of incident intensity, thickness of 0.1 cm,
I should be detecting around 2.10E-03 part/cm²/pr of transmitted intensity
for 150 keV, but it detects 0.

There are no error messages in the compilation. I don't understand why this
is happening, can you please help with this issue?

Regards,
Samuel