Re: [fluka-discuss]: Generating H*(10) vs shield thickness plot

From: Mahanyapane, MV, Mnr [22976698_at_sun.ac.za] <22976698_at_sun.ac.za>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:25:44 +0000

Thank you for your assistance. I managed to generate the plot.

I have one more question. I have collimated the photons emitted by the radioactive source. The photons impinge on the rectangular slab and photon current is scored with the aim of comparing the plain number of photons crossing the boundary with the number of photons transmitted through the slab without interaction, calculated using Lambert's law (I =I_0exp(-\mu*x)) ,with the attenuation coefficients taken from National Institute of Standards (NIST).

Can you tell where the attenuation coefficients database that fluka uses are taken from?

Thank you in advance