Re: [fluka-discuss]: Material density

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 18:06:46 +0100

Hello
there is no direct scoring of density, if this is what you mean.
You can get information on the density assigned to each voxel region in
the output file, however I imagin that the information there is hard to
process..
One possibility would be to use a custom comscw.f routine. Comscw adds a
multiplicative weight to the scoring, thus one could set a binning scoring
energy, and apply a weight=density/energy
The energy to be scored is in the RULL variable in comscw
The density can be retrieved like this:

INCLUDE '(FLKMAT)'
CALL GTRHSC ( MREG, SFRHIO, SFRHOT )
DENSITY = RHO (MEDFLK(MREG,IPRODC)) * SFRHOT
COMSCW= RULL/ DENSITY

where IPRODC=1 if you are in a prompt calculation ( not a raddecay-based one)
SFRHOT is the correction factor as set by the CORRFACT card (done in Flair)
RHO is an array containing the un-corrected density for each material
MEDFLK contains the material assigned to each region for prompt (1) and
delayed (2) radiation

Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear Fluka users
>
> I am trying to plot dose versus density which the data obtained from FLUKA
> run. The density should be component from the DICOM file I converted to
> voxel using FLAIR
>
> the way I calculated the density is
>
> rho, which I have obtained by dividing E by D, i.e. rho=E/D, because
> D=E/rho in FLUKA.
>
> There is any other way to obtain the density without any calculation. I
> mean directly from FLUKA
>

> thank you
>
> regards

Paola Sala