[fluka-discuss]: COMPOUND card error

From: Ophoven, Niklas <n.ophoven_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:18:26 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I want to obtain the gamma self-absorption factors for different primary photon energies. Therefore, I use a quite simple geometry with the sample surrounded by a spherical surface detector (USRBDX). The sample is made of samarium(III) chloride heptahydrate (SmCl37H2O). I have defined chlorine and samarium with a MATERIAL card and linked them together with pre-defined water by means of a COMPOUND card. The results are wrong, and the output file (see attachment, line 1603) shows that the compound is made wrong, i.e. the atomic number and weight are incorrect as well as the atom content of samarium in the compound is wrong in the output. I have also tried to define the compound by means of mass fractions instead of relative atom contents as well as with hydrogen and oxygen instead of pre-defined water, but unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I have attached my input file as well as the output file.

It would be very helpful, if you could give me some hints what might be the problem. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Niklas Ophoven

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Dr. Astrid Lambrecht, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior