Re: Density map over a region

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:18:51 +0100 (CET)

Dear Juan
I am afraid, but I am not sure at 100%, that what you plan
cannot be done in practice without introducing a subtle mistake
which will never lead to a crash, but will produce wrong results.

At initialization time FLUKA performs preliminary calculations to fill
various tables for the different materials, and some of these
should depend on the density.

Therefore you can succeed to change density
with your suggested method, but the results will be probably wrong.
I ask for confirmation to main authors.
        Giuseppe Battistoni