AW: [fluka-discuss]: SOURCE routine for neutron source

From: Ophoven, Niklas <n.ophoven_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:43:01 +0000

Dear Stefan,

thank you very much for your detailed answer, this is really very helpful for me!

I tried to adopt your suggestions and finally I can now compile the NSpec.f file without any errors and the NSpec.o file is successfully generated. Then I want to build the new executable with:

$FLUPRO/flutil/ldpmqmd -m fluka -o flukamy NSpec.o

However, when I want to execute my input file with $FLUPRO/flutil/flukamy -N0 -M3 Moderation_Tb I get the error: -bash: /opt/FLUKA//flukamy: No such file or directory

Indeed, in the flutil directory I cannot find an executable file named flukamy, only the usual rfluka script. Any ideas what my mistake is?

I have attached a new spectrum file (NSpec.txt), now with 3 columns as you have suggested. The flux is not differential, it is indeed already in units of n cm-2 s-1. I have converted the energy boundaries to GeV now already in the spectrum file.

"- After the sampling in energy, you have to pass the sampled value for
the kinetic energy to TKEFLK(NPFLKA):
         TKEFLK(NPFLKA) = (ERG(I-1) + (ERG(I)-ERG(I-1))*FLRNDM(C))*1.D-03
         (watch out, FLUKA expects GeV, but your input has MeV energy bins)"

I have written this information in line 180 of the source file, is that the correct position?

You are right, I will probably have to implement the emission coordinates of the neutrons as well as the beam direction within the source file. Actually I want to define the source as a cartesian volume source (10 cm distance in z-direction to the target/sample) of same shape as the target, and all neutrons shall be emitted into positive z-direction.

There are 2 BEAMPOS cards in my input, because one defines the shape and the other one the center of the source. Probably you are right and I will have to define that in the source card.

Kind regards,

Niklas