Re: [fluka-discuss]: Cosmic Muons

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:14:01 +0200

Hello

It depends on what you need to do:

- if you already have a cosmic muon spectrum and you need to propagate
the muons inside a given geometry, you'll need to write a source.f
routine in order to input the spectrum to FLUKA

-if you need to simulate the full cosmic ray showers leading to (among
others) cosmic muons, there are specific utilities in Fluka to do this,
they are described in section 16} of the Fluka manual: Special source:
cosmic rays <http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/16.html>

Hope this helps

Paola