Re: [fluka-discuss]: Formerly working .inp file goes wrong results after geometry update

From: Carolina Gutierrez Neira <cgutierrez_at_cells.es>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:54:24 +0100

Dear Paola, thank you very much for your time.

The thing is although the only change is in the geometry (yes, the
addition of a block of lead on the right side of the vacuum chamber and
a slight rotation of the thick block of lead in the direction of the
beam), the result of the simulation are totally different.

While in graph run_2_1 (from minerva_2_1.inp) radiation has a clear
directional projection to the right (due to the interaction of the beam
with the mirror surface placed inside the vacuum chamber), in graph
run_2_4 the projection is isotropic.

Also, note that in run_2_4 we have radiation going through the back wall
with doses of 1E8 uSv/h but not in graph run_2_1. It seems like the
energy for the photons in run_2_4 is higher than in run_2_1.
Could that mean that the hsource.f file isn't reading correctly the
energy file .dat.?
This can be related to the last FLUKA update?
How can we solve it?

Regards,

Carolina