Re: Biasing neutrons

From: <Anna.Ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:44:51 +0100 (CET)

 Hi Hantao,

   you use the biasing card to increase the statistics of the
   neutrons, that are back-scattered from your target: this is a
   problem, that should be studied with attention. In order
   to help you, it would be useful to have your input card, with
   the description of your target and of the detector you used for the
   scoring (I'm not sure that the input, that you have sent in attachment
   posting your question about the warning messages in the .err file,
   is exactly the same...).

   In general, there are some things that you can do, before the
   application of the biasing card, in order to properly set the
   biasing. First: you can study, using for example a USRBDX card at the
   boundary crossing between the rear part of your target and the material
   around (air, vacuum), how the neutron radiation in the backward
   direction comes out from your target (I would put a USRBDX card also
   at the front part of your target...).
   At this point you know more about your problem and you can optimize the
   dimensions of your detector in backward direction and, finally, optimize
   the biasing (for example acting also on the radiation produced in the
   forward direction...).
   So, please send your input card....

    cheers,

     Anna