[fluka-discuss]: how to tag the region where the first hadronic interaction of a heavy ion takes place?

From: Enrico Scomparin <scompar_at_to.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 16:34:13 +0100

Dear Fluka team,

let me ask your support for a problem I am currently facing.

I have a (complex) experimental set-up and I am shooting a beam of 40A
GeV Pb ions that impinges on a system of 5 Pb targets, for a total of
15% interaction probability. The remaining Pb ions that do not perform
an inelastic interaction continue travelling and are then dumped in a
thick W plug.

I would like to be able to select those events where the first inelastic
interaction of the Pb beam occurs in one of the 5 targets, and only for
those events record the hits in the downstream tracking detectors. I
already now record such hits by means of a few lines of code in the
BXDRAW entry, but for all events regardless of the interaction point of
the Pb ion. See the zoom drawing below, where one can see on the left
the 5 targets (REGION Target0, Target1,....) and on the right the plug
(REGION AbsoPlug).

Any help would be welcome! I can of course provide more info if needed.

Best regards

Enrico