Re: [fluka-discuss]: request

From: dos Santos Augusto, Ricardo <rdossanto_at_bnl.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:02:34 +0000

Dear Fayez,

It is indeed possible to define a material as a particular isotope by altering WHAT(6) in the MATERIAL card.
Also, you can make a compound of various isotopes using the COMPOUND card as well.

Please ensure that the name of your single isotope material is consistent with the low energy neutron cross section library or that you have a LOW-MAT card defined that sets up the correspondence accordingly.

When using LOW-PWXS make sure that the correspondence of the newly defined isotope with the pointwise low energy neutron cross section database is done properly, as indicated here: http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/LOW-PWXS.html

Hopefully this will be of some help.

Best regards,
Ricardo

Ricardo dos Santos Augusto