[fluka-discuss]: Resampling using pre-defined phase space data

From: Arpad Lenart <arpad.lenart_at_strath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:11:02 +0000

Dear FLUKA team,

I have successfully imported 6D phase space data of electrons (x, y, z, x momentum, y momentum, energy, weights) using the source.f, currently I have 6 million primary particles. I would like to ask, how do I tell the source.f file to sample from my phase space data (which has 6 million data points) to get better statistics? I have attached to this email my current source.f file. How would the monte carlo re-sampling be carried out in such a case, so that my simulation errors decrease and I get better statistical behavior? I understand the FLUKA user manual includes this, but I am having trouble knowing how to actually modify the file for this purpose.

For example, the source.f script would read all the 6 million lines of 6D phase space data, I suppose I could split this into 6 separate cycles each with 1 million primary particles, and combine the final results from all 6 cycles, but how would I tell FLUKA to do this? I am using FLUKA Flair (with user interface) and I don’t fully understand how this resampling is meant to be done ..

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Arpad