[fluka-discuss]: Incompatibility between the FLUKA manual and Flair

From: Hamideh Jalali <jalali.hb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:45:59 +0430

Dear FLUKA Developers

I have found some options in some cards which are not supported by flair
and also some parts in the FLUKA manual are vague for me.
Could you do me a favor by explaining and clarifying my problems?

1. How can I select SDUM= RUNGKUTT in the MGNFIELD
<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/MGNFIELD.html> card in the
flair? SDUM is undefined for the MGNFIELD card in flair and so, there is
no option for this despite what the manual said.

2. The Fluka manual talks about the selection of blank, or PROMPT, or
DELAYED for the SDUM of EMFCUT card, but there are no such options in the
flair but there is an option of "transport" for SDUM of EMFCUT with no
explanation for it in the manual.

3. There is an option of "HEAVYION" for WHAT(1) of IONTRANS card in the
flair while there is no explanation for this option in the manual. Does
this option mean, only heavy ions are transported?
and also it seems there is a print error in the text box which defines this
card, A<1 and A >5 instead A>1 and A<5.

4. The explanation of the example of MGNFILD card states"If the max. angle
constraint forces the step to be shorter than 10 cm, the step will be set =
10 cm in region 20, 25, 30", according to the example,10 cm is correct or
0.1 cm?

5. There is no option for assigning WHAT(6) of PART-THR in the flair
despite the manual's explanation, "WHAT(6) = 1.0 restricts the given cutoff
to charged particles only".

6. What is the difference between i1= 1 and i1 = 2 in what 6 of the
LOW-NEUT card? or in other word, what is difference between "Enable" and ">
3 ev S(a, b)" in the Point wise option of the LOW-NEUT card in flair?

7. The FLUKA manual says, the default value for maximum kinetic energy for
scoring in USRBDX card is "Beam momentum value according to the BEAM
<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAM.html> option (if no BEAM
<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAM.html> card is given, 200
GeV". My questions: why has been said "beam momentum" instead of "beam
energy"?
Also according to the manual, command BEAM should be defined in any input
so what does " if no BEAM
<http://www.fluka.org/content/manuals/online/BEAM.html> card is given ''
mean!?

8.For USRTACK card, according the manual the sdum of first card is any
character string (not containing '&') identifying the track-length detector
and the sdum of second card is character '&'. But there is an extra
explanation for sdum= EN-NUCL or ENERGY! Which SDUM does it mean?Also there
is no option to select these SDUMs in the flair.

9. In the kind part of the USRYIELD card in the flair the first option is
"Plain Double" but there is no explanation for this option in the manual.

10. The third point of the USRYIELD card says: "In addition, if WHAT(2) in
the same card is < -800.0, the distributions of particles ENTERING the
inelastic hadronic interactions can be scored". How can I assign such a
value to what(2) in the flair?

11. The first point of AUXSCORE card says:"USRBIN/EVENTBIN detectors are
counted together, and so are USRTRACK and USRCOLL" What does it mean?I
think the flair counts them separately. Am I right?

Thanks in advance
Hamideh