[fluka-discuss]: Problem simulating radioactive decay of isotopes at rest

From: emilio <emilio_at_impcas.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:44:45 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Fluka experts,

I am trying to simulate the decay of radioactive isotopes, however when I try to run the got (via Flair), i got a time-out error and no output is produced.

In the attached file you can find the input card; I do believe however that the issue is in the primary particle generation.

The radioactive isotopes are created with the following BEAM card (which is similar to the one I found here: https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435668/attachments/1395470/2242783/19_Activation_2017.pdf)

BEAM ISOTOPE
HI-PROPE 34. 83.

The RADDECAY card is present as well (semi-analogue mode)

At first I thought the problem was that the isotopes are created at rest, so I changed the energy to 1 keV, but I got the same result. However if I try to change particle (for example, using electrons) the code runs without problem.

Any idea where could be the issue?

Thank you very much for your help

Best Regards

Emilio Ciuffoli