Re: [fluka-discuss]: Contributions in energy deposition

From: <alfredo.ferrari_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:04:21 +0200

Dear Jean-Emmanuel

We did something similar (likely comparing to the same exp data, Pillon et
al.) sometimes ago.

You can discriminate using a comscw routine (activated with USERWEIG),
looking for ISCRNG=8, JSCRNG will be the # of the DETECT under
consideration, and decide wether to score or not according to the particle
id (JTRACK common TRACKR, if JTRACK!= 208/211, if JTRACK=208 or 211 use
J0TRCK same common).

A major caveat: you'll never get peaks selecting protons/deuterons/alphas
etc contributions, because the peaks are a combination of, eg for
12C(n,d0), of the deuteron AND the recoiling 11B energies. The peaks show
up incley (and in nice agreement with data) considering all particles
contributing to a given event, eg p/d/alpha + recoil.

Let me know if you need further infos, in case we can continue this chat
in private.

Ciao
Alfredo