[fluka-discuss]: equivalent dose

From: Ptayyebi <ptayyebi_at_aeoi.org.ir>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 16:14:00 +0330

Dear FLUKA Users,
I want to discuss the calculation of the equivalent dose in the detector region due to an iridium volume source.
Initially, I determined that to define the source activity, the radius of the sphere must be determined. This is calculated using the specific activity and the amount of iridium isotope mass within the defined volume of the source. Is this correct?
Afterward, I used the DECAYSCORE to report all outputs in units of seconds. After running the program, the integral dose value in the detector volume, which was estimated using USRBIN, was reported much lower considering its unit in order of PSv/s.
The experimentally measured dose rate in the detector region using a GM counter was measured to be around 1mSv/h. In this geometry, the dimensions were simulated in the same real dimensions to match reality.
I would be grateful if you could provide your feedback on my approach and let me know if there are any errors or if I have missed anything.
The best,
Pouneh