Re: Low energy - High energy neutron spectrum mismatch with USRTRACK

From: Roy Keyes <roy_at_unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:13:38 -0700

Thank you Anna and Alberto,

It looks like my problem was that I was multiplying the values that
Fluka gave me by the bin width (as described in the USRTRACK section of
the manual...). I was in fact reading the low energy values in the
correct order already.

At the high/low boundary, the values, when multiplied by their bin
energy widths are:

Low energy: 1.1050E-04 * 3.596700E-04 = 3.9743535e-08

High energy: 9.3207E-05 * 4.0000E-03 = 3.728280e-07

which gave me the order of magnitude mismatch.

I've attached a semilog plot, which has the data plotted as Alberto
suggested, and it looks much better. Now I can address my other issues :)

Thanks again,
Roy

pbar-neutron-spectrum-02b.png