Re: DOSE and ENERGY

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:57:48 +0100 (CET)

Dear Zuzana
in my previous answer I was too in a hurry: errors in energy and dose
are the same in percentage if your bins cover homogenous materials.
If instead your cells of USRBIN grid cover different materials,
then it comes out that errors are indeed different.
Suppose, for instance, that one of your bins includes lead and air.
A large fluctuation in energy deposition in air will result in a much
larger error in dose (for that bin) with respect to energy.

I am afraid that this issue of bins with different materials might indeed
be your case.

Best regards
        Giuseppe Battistoni