Scoring photofissions

From: Alyssa Prinz <aaprinz_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I am working on a project that involves simulating photofissions induced
in U-235 by 15 MeV photons. I noticed the following message in
the FLUKA release notes:

"There is a known issue with photofission: the photonuclear interaction
model is not up-to-date with respect to the present fission model.
As a result, photofission can be heavily underestimated at low
photon energies for fissile materials.
A fix is in progress
and it will be included in a future patch release."

I was wondering if the patch is likely to be released sometime soon.

Also, I am interested in scoring photofissions separately from other
fissions. I think I can adapt mgdraw for this purpose,
but I'm not sure how to distinguish fissions from other hadronic
inelastic interactions. Does anyone know how fissions are tagged in FLUKA?

Many thanks,
Alyssa Prinz