Re: Scintillator response

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:17:07 +0200

Dear Jean-Emmanuel
if you score total energy deposition you see more than just proton recoil
(de-excitations etc.) Deposition from proton recoil can be scored
selecting depoistion from just protons.
You can do that with a separate detector using one of the selection
method described in the manual (user routines fluscw or comscw or AUXSCORE
data card).
However notice that the detailed production of proton recoil
exists in FLUKA (for neutrons below 20 MeV) only for few selected
elements. Hydrogen is one of these (look into the manual for reference)

    Giuseppe Battistoni