Re: ionization energy loss

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:55:28 +0200

Hi Emre,

You have access to all details of simlated interactions through the user
routine mgdraw. The defaults PRECISIO is certainly a good start but I
suggest that you control production cutoffs and transport thresholds
directly through input cards (EMFCUT). To my opinion, "ionization energy
loss in Argon" still does not precisely define what you are looking for as
the primary electrons can create secondary particles which can also
ionize. USRBIN gives the total energy deposition by all particles (primary
electrons and secondaries) in a certain bin. For a more detailed look at
specific processes you may need mgdraw.

Best regards
Stefan

--