Re: An energy interval problem

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:01:06 +0200 (CEST)

dear Turgay KORKUT,
I cannot be sure without having your input file, but I have a guess:
In the 1MeV range, the attenuation coefficients for photons vary slowly.
Depending on the material, I would expect a difference of about 0.5% to 1%
when changing the energy from 1200 keV to 1215keV. Depending on your
set-up and running time, this difference can be easily masked by
statistcal errors.
Paola

> Dear FLUKA user,
> =20
> I'm working on gamma transmission for several energies and materials. I=20
> have a problem with energy intervals.=20
> For example, transmissions at 1200 keV and 1215keV are same values.=20
> In other words, I have been obtained identically transmission=20
> values for different energies. How can I solve this problem?
> =20
> Best regards...
> =20
> Turgay KORKUT