Re: Question about IRRPROFI

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:48:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Nikolaos Charitonides wrote:

> Dear Alberto, Dear Vasilis,
>
> Thank you very much for your immediate answer and your help! Now I
> understood why the program crashed when I defined WHAT(2) = 0.0: Because I
> was defining an irradiation profile without intervals and with zero Beam
> Intensity.
>
> May I ask something more, on the same subject?
>
> I want to simulate a constant irradiation of a target, for let's say 6
> month period, and score the equivalent dose after several decay times. For
> this purpose, I have to use the IRRPROFI card, and I am obliged to define
> an intesity of (somenumber) particles/sec. My results now, will be
> normalized per inicident particle AND per second ?

No, in this case the results are normalized per second, but not per
primary.
I am sorry that in my previous answer I said that FLUKA always
normalizes per primary. This is an exception, which I admit should be better
explained in the manual

Alberto

--
Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025