Re: Joint calculation with source file

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:24:19 +0100

Dear Ogawa,

You have defined HEAVYION as primary particle. Thus IJBEAM=-2 and the
source will never enter the branch where you set

         ILOFLK (NPFLKA) = jpart(sample)

Furthermore, you have modified in the default source the index of AM in

your source:
      PMOFLK (NPFLKA) = SQRT ( TKEFLK (NPFLKA) * ( TKEFLK (NPFLKA)
     & + TWOTWO * AM (ILOFLK(NPFLKA)) ) )

default:
      PMOFLK (NPFLKA) = SQRT ( TKEFLK (NPFLKA) * ( TKEFLK (NPFLKA)
     & + TWOTWO * AM (IONID) ) )

In case of a HEAVYION primary ILOFLK(NPFLKA) contains the identity of the
ion, in your case carbon (601230) and IONID=-2. Thus, using ILOFLK(NPFLKA)
to index AM causes a crash, while IONID would not.

I suggest to set your beam particle to a hadron of the highest energy
of any particle in your data file for your simulation.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Roesler