RE: increase in probability of particle production in N-N collisions

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:32:13 +0100 (CET)

Dear Anna
I had not time to enter in full detail in your problem. However there is
the suspicion that everything is due to the fact that you have a very thin
target. Therefore it is natural that only a very very small fraction of
primary interacts. By means of a MonteCarlo like FLUKA you can
solve the problem by using "biasing". In particular you can artificially
increase the probability of interaction and this will be compensated by
a proper weight through all the process, including the scoring.
Therefore I suggest in your case to try such a biasing. It can be
introduced with the LAM-BIAS command with the SDUM=INEPRI.
In that case the inelastic nuclear interaction length will be
reduced by a factor specificed by |WHAT(2)| (the actual value
is your choice!), With INEPRI this is applied only to
primary particles
        Let us know in case
                Giuseppe

Please try this and let us know.

Please read carefully the manual for the use of LAM-BIAS.