Re: AW: AW: Unusual increase in the background dose

From: <hewad1dk_at_cmich.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:56:24 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Florian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, if I change my bin size of X and Y
to 10mm then I'm getting a nice flat plateau in front of the beam.
But what I don't understand is, the width of my beam is 6mm (X
and Y) and bins are 10mm (X and Y),where bins are not inside
the beam?
Also if I want to calculate the dose inside a very small
volume, (lets say 5mm*5mm*5mm in X,Y,Z)using the same beam
(6mm*6mm in X and Y), how can I achieve that?
finally, how does a size of a bin affect my dose calculations?

Thanks a lot.

Dulitha.