modify the number of particles in START card

From: Fiorini Francesca <fxf817_at_bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:26:03 +0100

Hi everybody,

I am running a simulation in two steps: in the first step I am running a
fixed number of particles using as usual the START card and scoring the
spectrum of some particles created after the irradiation of a target.
In the second step I am using those scored particles as primary for a
second irradiation. In reality the simulation is more complex but this
is a good summary.

My problem is that I do not want to have to write the number of
primaries to use in the second step in the card START, but want this
automated.

So my questions is: does exist a way in which I can pass the number of
particles without using the exact number in the START card? For example
something like modifying that number in the source file related to the
second input file?

Thanks
Francesca

Francesca Fiorini