FHEAVY common

From: Vassili Maroussov <Vassili.Maroussov_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:52:20 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,

as it was mentioned in several previous posts, in a case if JTRACK<-6
(TRACKR common at MGDRAW call) the information about the particle must
be obtained from FHEAVY common with kp=-JTRACK. In the documentation I
haven't found much details and got several questions.

- In my simulations I have never seen in NPHEAV>1 (number of
secondaries); should I always expect NPHEAV=1 in the current FLUKA version?

- When JTRACK<-6, PTRACK<0 in TRACKR common. Should I take PHEAVY(1) as
the momentum? Or I must NOT rely on the assumption that NPHEAV=1 and to
calculate the momentum from ETRACK of TRACKR and the mass?

- If I have to calculate the momentum, mass I have to use, amheav(kp)
("atomic") or amnhea(kp) ("nuclear")? This terms are often mixed up in
literature... As I can see, amheav(kp)>amnhea(kp) and the difference is
~1.5-2.5MeV (binding energy?). So, amnhea(kp) must be used?

Regards,

Vassili