Re: Difference in "statistics" for same run of DOSE and DOSE-EQ

From: Lucia Sarchiapone <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:33:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

the difference in statistics of the two estimators is reasonable because
they score different quantities, even though they both refer to
neutrons.
While the scoring of ambient dose equivalent is obtained as a
convolution of particles fluence and conversion coefficients (as the
manual says), the dose is based on energy deposition scoring, 'filtered'
through the AUXSCORE card for the particles you're interested in.
Results for fluence converge faster than for energy deposition, this -
in my opinion - explains your difference in statistics.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lucia