Re: Geomagnetic Rigidity Cut-off

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:26:41 +0200

Dear Turgay

I assume that you refer to the vertical rigidity cut-off.

You would have to sample uniformly the direction of the primary particle
on top of the atmosphere. Having this direction and the vertical cutoff
you can compute the nonvertical cut-off according to the Stoermer-approach
(you may have to transform the direction from the geographic into the
geomagnetic coordinate frame before). Finally, you sample the energy
between the lowest value according to the (non-vertical) rigidity cutoff
and any upper limit from the distribution on top of the atmosphere (i.e.
interstellar fluence modulated by solar activity).

Cheers
Stefan