bootable USB HDD with FLUKA

From: Oleg Tkach <tkatsh65_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:18:50 +0300

Dear FLUKA users and authors,

At present I am using Scientific Linux on my host personal computer.
I have got a USB portable hard disk drive and I want to boot from this disk
(I want to have a bootable USB HDD).
Does anyone know:
1) What kind of LINUX are possible for FLUKA and FLAIR
 (in the manual it is written that RedHat 7.3 (compiler gcc-2.96),
 RedHat 9.0 (compiler gcc-3.2.2) and Fedora),
 and which is the best for USB portable HDD?
2) What is the order to install (installation consecution)
this LINUX to USB portable HDD?

I would like to use bootable USB HDD with FLUKA and FLAIR on any
personal computer.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg