Re: dose in different angles

From: Lucia Sarchiapone <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:13:39 +0100 (CET)

Dear Hamideh,
at first glance your input file looks correct, just a few remarks:
- The beam position in z is -300.0cm, so that the electron beam is not
striking directly on the target but interacts with the air before the
iron target;
- There are 2 AUXSCORE cards pointing to the same USRTRACK named
"phFluen" (output 32), the first one selecting NEUTRON as particle and
the second one for PHOTON: as you can see from the standard output, the
last option is considered.
- From a first, rapid simulation (about 170 primary particles) there are
a few non-zeros in angular distributions, and with very high statistical
errors. Probably one should run more histories, or try scoring USRBDX
from the target to the surrounding air to get the feeling of the angular
distribution of the dose outside of the target. I cannot tell anything
about the crash (could you provide the message or the output file?)
- The units of ambient dose equivalent should be:
    USRBIN: pSv/primary
    USRTRACK: pSv/GeV/primary
    USRBDX: pSv/GeV/sr/primary

Regards,