Re: Difference in Energy Deposition between "Energy" and "EM-Energy"

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:11:36 +0100

Dear Howard

EM-ENRGY includes only energy deposition by produced (in the FLUKA
simulation) electrons, positrons and photons. I think that you are
interested in the total energy deposition as scored with ENERGY, i.e.
deposited not not only via em particles explicitely created in the
simulation.

See the manual, chapter

   * Final global statistics

for more details on energy balance in FLUKA.

Best regards
Stefan

Stefan Roesler
CERN, DGS-RP