Re: FLUKA& plasma

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:25:02 +0100

Hi Juan,

I have no quantitative answers.
If you input a carbon material with your expected density (about 25-30% of
the normal one), main limitations of the simulation concern the
calculation of stopping power, bremsstrahlung, Compton scattering ...,
everything for which the assumption of having a material made by neutral
atoms plays more or less a role. The simulation reliability is then
related to the actual ionization degree of the material.
The impact on nuclear reactions should be minimum, whereas thermal
neutrons will obviously be off the right energy.

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI