FLAIR projections and statistical error

From: Roger Hälg <rhaelg_at_phys.ethz.ch>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:01:17 +0100

Dear FLUKA and FLAIR experts

Could anyone explain to me what the "projection & limits" for data plots
(1d and 2d) in FLAIR exactly do with the data for plotting? The manual
does not explain this.

And what happens to the statistical error in this case? The manual says:
"WARNING errors will be underestimated, since it treats all bin values
as uncorrelated."
How can I estimate the error when using this projections and limits for
several bins? Are there different cases to be differentiated?

In the FLUKA course materials there is a table listing the statistical
errors and the usefulness of the results. Is this always related to the
statistical errors of the individual bin or is there a way to estimate
the error using projections and averaging?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Roger Hälg