Biasing in air

From: ±ΟΤΆ½ά <biyuanjie_at_tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:29:38 +0800 (CST)

Dear fluka user,

My geometry is: a big room with the cyclotron in the center.
I want to calculate the residual field map inside the room.
Since the statistics near the wall is very poor even I use 5e8 particles,
I would like to use the biasing card. But from the fluka course 2009,
I found the splitting in vacuum (or air) is inefficient since of the splitting
daughters are strongly correlated. So the question is:
How to get good statistics near the wall which is about 15 m far from the cyclotron?

Many thanks for your help!

Best wishes
Yuanjie Bi