FW: Muli-beams problems in FLUKA

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:54:16 +0000

Hi Soheil,
(these questions should be addressed to the FLUKA mailing list and not individually,
so I am CCing the list)

in FLUKA you can only define one beam at at time. So if you put two BEAM cards
(or any other beam related card like BEAMPOS etc..) the last ones will override
the settings of the previous.

Therefore I see two solutions to your problem
1. Create two runs with each one defining one beam. Run exactly the same
number of particles and cycles, and in the end merge both results together.
However you have to be extremely careful on the normalization, since the
results will be per primary particle. Each primary particle will be 50% from
one source and 50% from the other.
2. Create a custom source.f routine, where you do whatever logic you like

Regards
Vasilis