Re: How to calculate the dose rate?

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:27:16 +0200

Dear Jing,

dose in cables, epoxy resin and alanine is about the same: the dE/dx 1/rho of
charged particles is very close for most low-Z materials, and you don't need
very high accuracy to estimate radiation damage.
However, if you are really concerned about that difference, why don't you
calculate dose in each of them? Put in your geometry a sample of each.

Alberto